Publication Date: February 2004
File Size: 540 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing 66 pages every 365 days is allowed.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Comus is a Masque drama by John Milton. The play as all characters on stage and when their turn comes to present a part in the action they speak while everyone else remains. Comus is a prowling magician of Satanic proportions who comes across a Lady in the forest. He invites her to be entertained with liquor with which he expects to awaken her lust and pride, both great sins. He is adept with compliments and is a master of rhetorical combinations and slick at debate. She allows herself to be the victim of his artfully meandering words as he leads her to his cave. Once there she repositions herself out of his strong point—debate—and braces herself within the discussion of divinely inspired passion because in this presentation she avows the role of virtuous display. By doing this she extricates herself from Comus’ lair and his flattering discourse. The audience leaves, understanding that Comus’ rhetoric can be neutralized when confronted with sanctity and eloquence. There is religious significance as the Lady encounters Comus. Because she is an “unconquer’d virgin” she has no escape to his enticements, but once she is trapped by his deceit, her salvation lies in her obedience to Christ and her family. This drama is a scintillating account of the temptations which waylay everyone and the strategies needed to avoid them. Please Note: This book is easy to read in true text, not scanned images that can sometimes be difficult to decipher. The Microsoft eBook has a contents page linked to the chapter headings for easy navigation. The Adobe eBook has bookmarks at chapter headings and is printable up to two full copies per year. Both versions are text searchable.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $2.57. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.