Cossack Fairy Tales and Folk Tales Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
A GREAT READ FOR ALL AGES In this volume you will find 27 uniquely Slavonic and Cossack stories like The Story Of Unlucky Daniel, The Vampire And St Michael, The Tsar And The Angel, The Story Of Ivan And The Daughter Of The Sun and more not heard in the west for many a year. This volume of stories has been selected from a Slavonic dialect extraordinarily rich in folk-tales. The language is Ruthenian, or the language of the Cossacks. This was the first translation ever made from Ruthenian into English. There are peculiar and original elements in these stories not to be found in the folk-lore of other European peoples, The comparative isolation of the Cossacks, and their remoteness from the great theatres of historical events, has seen favourable conditions for the safe preservation of old myths and the easy development of new ones. Ruthenian is a language intermediate between Russian and Polish, but independent of both. Its territory embraces, that vast area which lies between the Carpathian Mountains and the Sea of Azov, with Lemberg and Kiev for its chief intellectual centres. Until independence the language was rigorously repressed by the Soviet Government, and has since been a foundation from which modern Ukrainian has been developed. It possesses a noble literature, numerous folk-songs and a copious collection of justly admired folk-tales, many of them of great antiquity, which are regarded, both in Russia and Poland, as quite unique of their kind. YESTERDAY’S BOOKS RAISING FUNDS FOR TODAY’S CHARITIES
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $2.18. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.