Coupled Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical Processes of Fractured Media Ebook
Mathematical and Experimental Studies
Publication Date: February 1997
File Size: 25594 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
This work brings together the results, information and data that emerged from an international cooperative project, DECOVALEX, 1992-1995. This project was concerned with the mathematical and experimental studies of coupled thermo(T)- hydro(H) -mechanical(M) processes in fractured media related to radioactive waste disposal.
The book presents, for the first time, the systematic formulation of mathematical models of the coupled T-H-M processes of fractured media, their validation against theoretical bench-mark tests, and experimental studies at both laboratory and field scales. It also presents, for the first time, a comprehensive analysis of continuum, and discrete approaches to the study of the problems of (as well as a complete description of), the computer codes applied to the studies.
The first two chapters provide a conceptual introduction to the coupled T-H-M processes in fractured media and the DECOVALEX project. The next seven chapters give a state-of-the-art survey of the constitutive models of rock fractures and formulation of coupled T-H-M phenomena with continuum and discontinuum approaches, and associated numerical methods. A study on the three generic Bench-Mark Test problems and six Test Case problems of laboratory and field experiments are reported in chapters 10 to 18. Chapter 19 contains lessons learned during the project.
The research contained in this book will be valuable for designers, practising engineers and national waste management officials who are concerned with planning, design and performance, and safety assessments of radioactive waste repositories. Researchers and postgraduate students working in this field will also find the book of particular relevance.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $293.61. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.