Crazy Lady (Without the Cats) Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: January 2006
File Size: 458 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
By Clare Hill
‘She pulls off the remarkable feat of being informative about a subject like suicide while being funny and readable’ - Birmingham Post
‘Clare Hill reveals the shocking news that mental health service users can have personality and wit’ - Rascal Magazine
Crazy Lady (Without the Cats) is a collection of writings, part information guide and part poetry collection. Clare Hill uses the benefit of her experience of mental illness to provide guidance on many of the issues surrounding mental illness. This book covers not only the obvious questions regarding mental illness but also some of the slightly more obscure points which are bound to find resonance with fellow sufferers. For example Clare looks at the changes in libido that psychatric drugs can bring and the perils of applying for Direct Payments. Breaking up the informative elemenst of this rather ingriguing book is Clare’s thought provoking and provacative creative writing. There’s something here ofor everyone!
About the Author
Clare Hill’s first experiences of mental illness were as a child growing up with a mother who had mental health problems. Clare’s mother left her when she was young, leaving her to be bought up by her father and grandparents. At the age of 24 Claire, too, was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and suffered with crippling anxiety and agoraphobia. Clare has managed to come to terms with her bipolar disorder and now has two serious boyfriends (who know about each other and don’t mind!) each suiting different aspects of her personality.
Clare’s first book ‘Living Without Marbles’ was published by Chipmunka in 2005. Since being published Clare has become more involved in the mental health and creativity movement. She has edited an anthology for online support group MadnotBad, and has had poetry, short stories and articles published in various magazines in the UK , America and online. Clare now has two websites – www.clare-hill.co.uk and www.clarehill.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Worries, doubts and superstitious beliefs are common in everyday life. It is when they become excessive, like hours of hand washing, or make no sense at all, such as rechecking locks fifteen times even though you know they are secure, that a diagnosis of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is made. In OCD, it is as if the brain gets stuck on a particular thought or urge and just can’t let go. OCD usually involves having both obsessions and compulsions, though some people with OCD may only have one or the other. OCD symptoms can occur in people of all ages.
Not all obsessive compulsive behaviour represents an illness. Some rituals (e.g. bedtime songs) are a welcome part of daily life. Normal worries, like fears of germs and infection, may increase during times of stress, such as when someone in the family is sick, or dying. It is only when symptoms persist, make no sense, cause distress, or interfere with a person’s normal life that they need clinical attention.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.