Creating Contagious Commitment Ebook
Applying the Tipping Point to Organizational Change, eBook of 2nd Edition
Publication Date: January 2011
File Size: 1436 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 18.66% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Creating Contagious Commitment: Applying the Tipping Point to Organizational Change
Too often, necessary and technically appropriate change initiatives fall short of expected gains because leaders fail to involve employees and leverage their perspectives. This not only deprives the implementers of valuable input but also causes the very people who are expected to modify the way they work to feel discounted and disconnected. Creating Contagious Commitment: Applying the Tipping Point to Organizational Change presents a proven approach to turn this all too common situation around. It goes to the heart of effective change implementation and shows how to move employees from being apathetic or resistant to becoming committed advocates of a change.
Creating Contagious Commitment demonstrates why many of the traditional approaches to change implementation (such as focusing on the easily measurable technical aspects or relying on mass awareness campaigns) don’t work very well-especially on their own. It explains the dynamics that contribute to successful change initiatives and how to use them, right now, in your own initiatives. The accessibility of the concepts and the practical strategies they provide make Creating Contagious Commitment a unique and powerful guide for change agents in any organization.
Andrea Shapiro’s clear and skillful blending of theory with useful examples brings these concepts to life in a way that appeals to anyone who is involved in change. Solidly grounded in organizational theory, systems thinking and real-world experience, Creating Contagious Commitment can be used as a stand-alone resource or in combination with the companion tipping point workshop and computer simulation. It has been applied by hundreds of change leaders around the world in a wide range of organizations, from banks and hospitals to high-tech corporations, to make organizational change both contagious and sustainable. It is packed with diagrams, illustrations, and stories from the field- many of them first-person accounts of applying its lessons.
Visit CreatingContagiousCommitment.com to learn more.
Praise for Creating Contagious Commitment
It is very easy to have good intentions, and even easier to get advice from someone who has good intentions. What is hard is to recognize the landmines on the path to successful change. Creating Contagious Commitment helps identify and think about such obstacles before we encounter them, making the path to change more thoughtful and ultimately more successful.
-Dan Ariely, Ph.D., James B. Duke Professor of Behavioral Economics, author Predictably Irrational
It is only by effectively influencing people’s beliefs, values and changing social norms that we can change behaviors that get us all to “yes.” Andrea understands this and clearly maps out how new cultural norms can be systematically embedded into any organization. This book is a must have in any change agent’s toolbox.
-Peter Faill, M.Sc., Corporate Procurement Manager, Durham County Council, UK
The Tipping Point is a brilliant computer model of change initiatives as they unfold in large, complex organizations. Change agents need to be informal, keenly aware of the different needs of different types of people, and committed to their purpose. This book shows what to do and what happens along the way, both in the model and in real life.
-Art Kleiner, author, Who Really Matters_and The Age of Heretics_
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $7.28. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.