Creating the Secure Managed Desktop Ebook
Chapter 9: Network Access Protection (NAP) using Group Policy
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: February 2008
File Size: 2225 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Jeremy Moskowitz’s companion book on Group Policy continues with best practices for Desktop Management. This eBook chapter is entitled Network Access Protection (NAP) using Group Policy and is part of a larger series of chapters from his book, Creating the Secure Managed Desktop. Group Policy has a lot of responsibility on your network. Sure, it’s got its touchy-feely side, like setting the desktop background and delivering applications’ settings. But it’s also got a butt-kicking side, too. And that’s the side we want to show you here. In this chapter, I’ll cover just one topic, but a very hot one: how to ensure that only healthy, validated machines make it onto your production network. Without knowing the “health status” of your machines, you’re just letting any ol machine join your network, regardless of what’s running on them; and that’s clearly unhealthy. You dont want to taint the healthy network with one all-virused-up machine. By using a new Windows Server 2008 technology called Network Access Protection in conjunction with Group Policy to configure it all, we’ll have a network that automatically decides who lives and dies, er, gets on our network or not. So, strap in. It’s prime time butt-kicking, Group Policy style. Learn the following things in this ground-breaking chapter: Learn what Network Policy Services is vs. Network Access Protection Create a NAP test tab, and totally WOW your boss Learn when clients “check in” to report their health status Learn how to force “unhealthy” clients to talk only with the servers you choose Get out of the “chicken and egg” problem so new machines can join the domain, then participate in NAP Learn how to make your clients “auto-remediate” and get healthy — without doing anything by hand Use Group Policy with NAP to make most of the magic happen and about a billion more things to protect your network from the evil thats trying to get on your network. In this chapter, youll learn how to use Network Access Protection (NAP) to ensure that only healthy clients can join your network. Come to www.GPanswers.com/book to Get signed hardcopies and learn more about the printed book (as well as its companion book Group Policy Fundamentals, Security, and Troubleshooting.). At GPanswers.com, youll also find supplemental downloads for these chapters as well as any downloadables for each chapter. Join the GPanswers.com newsletter list for news and updates.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $7.18. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.