Creating the Secure Managed Desktop: Chapter 11: Full Lockdown with Windows SteadyState Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: February 2008
File Size: 2595 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Jeremy Moskowitz’s companion book on Group Policy continues with best practices for Desktop Management. This eBook chapter is entitled Full Lockdown with Windows SteadyState and is part of a larger series of chapters from his book, Creating the Secure Managed Desktop. Group Policy’s job is to deliver instructions to each operating system component — and we have to hope that the component is doing its job. What you need is a way to guarantee that a desktop can’t be messed with. Group Policy can take you only so far. Just imagine if you could really prevent changes to the hard drive. Really prevent them. Then you’d have something! You’d have full lockdown for the way you want things — forever. That’s what Windows SteadyState (or just SteadyState for short) is all about. The Windows SteadyState handbook is full of useful information to get started on your journey. My goal isn’t to replicate that manual. This chapter isn’t a series of step-by-steps, but rather a collection of guidance, insights and techniques where the Windows SteadyState manual leaves off. Learn how to: Best prepare for and use Windows SteadyState on XP and Vista to put the real smack-down on the machine Learn best practices for how to install software (and not get snared in the process) Learn WHEN to turn on the smack-down, and when to stay in “just testing” mode Learn how to carve out a “saved area” for sanctioned users on your machines Learn advice (not found anywhere else) about using Windows SteadyState in a domain environment with Group Policy Use our special script to automatically clean up “dirty” machines when no one is logged in. This script is s sooooo good, you’re going to want to tell your Mom about it. Seriously. That’s how good it is. Trust me, it’s good. In this chapter, youll learn how to use Windows SteadyState to fully lock down your machines (with and without Group Policy) to ensure your computers are continually connected. Come to www.GPanswers.com/book to Get signed hardcopies and learn more about the printed book (as well as its companion book Group Policy Fundamentals, Security, and Troubleshooting.). At GPanswers.com, youll also find supplemental downloads for these chapters as well as any downloadables for each chapter. Join the GPanswers.com newsletter list for news and updates.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $6.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.