Critical Ingredients of Intensive Case Management Ebook
Judgments of Researchers/Administrators, Program Managers and Case Managers
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Intensive Case Management (ICM) did not evolve from a single, well-defined model format but from different case management models. As a result, it has been vaguely defined as meaning more “intense” than usual case management, thus highlighting the lack of consensus about ICM’s definition and parameters. Despite these differences, ICM programs aspire to a set of common principles and core operational functions derived from the concept of continuity of care. Recent literature reviews have found mixed results regarding studies examining ICM effectiveness ( e.g., psychiatric hospitalizations, etc.). It has been difficult to make comparisons between studies because operational definitions have not been standardized. This study attempted to construct a program theory that unifies the various ICM practice orientations and specifies its operationalization so that more effective implementation and evaluation can occur. An integrative approach was used that synthesized information from the existing literature and by surveying three distinct stakeholder groups (researchers/ administrators, program managers, case managers) for their perspectives. Twenty-two researchers/ administrators who were considered experts, 21 ICM program managers and 46 ICMs working in 4 separate programs in New York City rated the importance of 68 program elements. Respondents identified 32 out of 68 program components as critical. A preliminary fidelity index was developed from these results. In addition, empirically derived norms for 12 model specifications were operationalized (e.g. ideal caseload size, etc.). Agreement among all respondents on ratings of importance was high (intraclass r = .92), although there was less agreement for some areas and respondent groups. Consensus was highest among ICMs, followed by program managers and experts. Significant findings included the perceived importance of a bachelors degree in human services, access to psychiatric consultation, optimum caseload size of 1:11, access to funds for client purchases and 85% of contacts occur in the community. Under treatment foci, a number of practice elements from the Personal Strengths and Rehabilitation perspectives were identified as critical. Additional suggestions from respondents focused on ICMs participating in the hospitalization/discharge process, how revenues are derived, and the lower success rates ICM has with clients suffering from character disorders and severe substance abuse. Results reinforced the idea that ICM is a “client driven” intervention in contrast to typical case management programs that are “system driven”.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $13.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.