Culture Shock! Hawaii Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: May 2007
File Size: 6787 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Product Description CultureShock Hawaii is a refreshing and insightful guide that will help you make Hawaii your home. Affectionately called the ‘Rainbow Islands’ by Mark Twain, the 50th state of the USA is well known by many but little understood by those who have only surface knowledge of its geography and its people. This book delves into the historical and cultural background of the various ethnic groups on the islands and guides you on how to relate with them, breaking down cultural barriers and fitting into their intricate society. Learn what ‘ohana’ means to the native Hawaiians, how Confucian teachings influence the values of the Chinese, what to expect at the Filippino Fiesta and Parade, and how to give a banzai toast at a Japanese wedding. Packed with useful advice and insightful tips, the book will help you tap into the practical aspects of living and working here, including how to have barbecues Hawaiian style! CultureShock Hawaii is the essential guide that will benefit anyone who wants to survive and succeed on the lovely islands of Hawaii. About the Author Brent Massey is a full-time, professional freelance writer. He lived in Japan for three years and experienced culture shock in Japan and reverse culture shock when returning to the US. He is married to a Japanese woman, so he isn’t a stranger to crossing cultural boundaries. In the summer of 2004, he moved from his hometown in Colorado to Hawaii. Living in Hawaii, he was surprised to experience culture shock (again!) and saw the need for a book helping newcomers understand and adapt to the unique customs of Hawaii, which is heavily influenced by Asian culture, especially that of Japan. Brent Massey has a post-bachelors certificate in Asian Studies, a Bachelor of Arts in Social Science and has done extensive research on Hawaii’s culture. In 2003, he was awarded the prestigious Japanese government Monbusho scholarship for his research proposal on foreign culture, international relations and personality type. Brent loves being abroad and has travelled throughout Asia and Europe. Some of the countries he has visited are Italy, Germany, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore and Myanmar. He is very excited and enthusiastic about CultureShock! Hawaii because there is so much cross-cultural information the public has yet to read about living in Hawaii.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $10.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.