Data Analysis for Hyphenated Techniques Ebook
Publication Date: March 1996
File Size: 13983 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
Based on a concrete set of working MATLAB programs, the book begins with a short program of snippets describing basic principles and proceeds to a complete application program filling a central analytical need: obtaining pure spectra from the observed overlapping spectra, with standard deviations for the
The strength of the book is the open nature of the programs. All programs can be read, tested and modified by the user. The mathematical principles needed for the proper treatment of experimental data are thoroughly described. The first part of the book describes how data is
collected, converted and prepared for the actual deconvolution. Practical working algorithms such as the Savitzky-Golay smoothing method are emphasized. The reader can see how searches in spectral libraries can be greatly speeded up by proper formulation of the calculation. Basic signal processing is described by illustrative examples.
The main part of the book describes the deconvolution of overlapping chromatographic peaks. Principle component analysis is described and used as a useful tool. The main emphasis is a discussion of a deconvolution method, OSCAR (Optimization by Stepwise Constraining of Alternating Regression), developed by the authors. The results can be validated as OSCAR calculates confidence intervals for the spectra and elution curves.
For users who do not want to enter the programs by hand a separate CD-ROM is available. It contains the programs and extensive sample data files. The CD-ROM has instructional multimedia showing step by step how the programs are used for the problems in the book. The MATLAB programs and data
files can be directly run on Windows®and Macintosh®computers having a MATLAB interpreter.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $258.19. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.