Data Analysis Methods in Physical Oceanography: Second and Revised Edition Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: April 2001
File Size: 42887 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Data Analysis Methods in Physical Oceanography is a practical reference
guide to established and modern data analysis techniques in earth and ocean
sciences. This second and revised edition is even more comprehensive with numerous updates, and an additional appendix on ‘Convolution and Fourier transforms’.
Intended for both students and established scientists, the five
major chapters of the book cover data acquisition and recording, data
processing and presentation, statistical methods and error handling,
analysis of spatial data fields, and time series analysis methods. Chapter 5
on time series analysis is a book in itself, spanning a wide diversity of
topics from stochastic processes and stationarity, coherence functions,
Fourier analysis, tidal harmonic analysis, spectral and cross-spectral
analysis, wavelet and other related methods for processing nonstationary
data series, digital filters, and fractals. The seven appendices include
unit conversions, approximation methods and nondimensional numbers used in
geophysical fluid dynamics, presentations on convolution, statistical
terminology, and distribution functions, and a number of important
statistical tables. Twenty pages are devoted to references.
• An in-depth presentation of modern techniques for the analysis of temporal and spatial data sets collected in oceanography, geophysics, and other disciplines in earth and ocean sciences.
• A detailed overview of oceanographic instrumentation and sensors- old and new – used to collect oceanographic data.
• 7 appendices especially applicable to earth and ocean sciences ranging from conversion of units, through statistical tables, to terminology and non-dimensional parameters.
In praise of the first edition:
“(…) _This is a very practical guide to the various statistical analysis methods used for obtaining information from geophysical data, with particular reference to oceanography(…)
The book provides both a text for advanced students of the geophysical sciences and a useful reference volume for researchers.”_ Aslib Book Guide Vol 63, No. 9, 1998
“(…) _This is an excellent book that I recommend highly and will definitely use for my own research and teaching.”_ EOS Transactions, D.A. Jay, 1999
“(…) _In summary, this book is the most comprehensive and practical source of information on data analysis methods available to the physical oceanographer. The reader gets the benefit of extremely broad coverage and an excellent set of examples drawn from geographical observations.”_ Oceanography, Vol. 12, No. 3, A. Plueddemann, 1999
“(…) _Data Analysis Methods in Physical Oceanography is highly recommended for a wide range of readers, from the relative novice to the experienced researcher. It would be appropriate for academic and special libraries.”_ E-Streams, Vol. 2, No. 8, P. Mofjelf, August 1999
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $129.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.