Data Warehousing: Using the Wal-Mart Model Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
At 70 terabytes and growing, Wal-Mart’s data warehouse is still the world’s largest, most ambitious, and arguably most successful commercial database. Written by one of the key figures in its design and construction, Data Warehousing: Using the Wal-Mart Model gives you an insider’s view of this enormous project. Continuously drawing from this example, the author teaches you the general principles and specific techniques you need to understand to be a valuable part of your organization’s own data warehouse project, however large or small. You’ll emerge with a practical understanding of both the business and technical aspects of building a data warehouse for storing and accessing data in a strategically useful way.
What further sets this book apart is its focus on the informational needs of retail companies-including both market and organizational issues that affect the data’s collection and use. If retail is your field, this book will prove especially valuable as you develop and implement your company’s ideal data warehouse solution.
- Written by a member of the team of four engineers who designed and built the Wal-Mart Data Warehouse database, a team whose database design was recognized internally in 1991 by Wal-Mart with the company’s Team Innovational Technical award.
- Provides essential information for project managers, consultants, data warehouse managers, and data architects.
- Takes an in-depth look at a wide range of technical issues, including architecture, construction approaches, tool selection, database system selection, and maintenance.
- Addresses issues specific to retail business: vendors, inventory, sales analysis, geography, article categories, and more.
- Explains how to determine business requirements at the outset of the project-and how to develop return on investment analyses after the warehouse has been brought online.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $79.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.