Data Warehousing: Using the Wal-Mart Model Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: September 2000
File Size: 17843 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
At 70 terabytes and growing, Wal-Mart’s data warehouse is still the world’s largest, most ambitious, and arguably most successful commercial database. Written by one of the key figures in its design and construction, Data Warehousing: Using the Wal-Mart Model gives you an insider’s view of this enormous project. Continuously drawing from this example, the author teaches you the general principles and specific techniques you need to understand to be a valuable part of your organization’s own data warehouse project, however large or small. You’ll emerge with a practical understanding of both the business and technical aspects of building a data warehouse for storing and accessing data in a strategically useful way.
What further sets this book apart is its focus on the informational needs of retail companies-including both market and organizational issues that affect the data’s collection and use. If retail is your field, this book will prove especially valuable as you develop and implement your company’s ideal data warehouse solution.
- Written by a member of the team of four engineers who designed and built the Wal-Mart Data Warehouse database, a team whose database design was recognized internally in 1991 by Wal-Mart with the company’s Team Innovational Technical award.
- Provides essential information for project managers, consultants, data warehouse managers, and data architects.
- Takes an in-depth look at a wide range of technical issues, including architecture, construction approaches, tool selection, database system selection, and maintenance.
- Addresses issues specific to retail business: vendors, inventory, sales analysis, geography, article categories, and more.
- Explains how to determine business requirements at the outset of the project-and how to develop return on investment analyses after the warehouse has been brought online.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $79.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.