Dead and Gone Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
“The rain-soaked streets of Napua on Hawaii’s island of Elima are a far cry from a battlefield but, for returned soldier Kimo Stanner, there’s a sudden reminder of warfare when a figure rushes in front of his pickup and he feels the impact. Even before getting out to view the damage, he knows the pedestrian is dead, and there’s nothing for it but to report to the police-except that when the police arrive, the body has disappeared.
When he turns to the firm of Smith, Chu and Yoshinobu to defend him on what is now simply a drunk-driving charge, Kimo’s attorney is Laura Correa, newly hired by the firm. Kay Yoshinobu agrees to help the nervous attorney with her first case as a trial lawyer. With no missing persons reported, and no proof that there was actually a body at the scene, the case goes well, the judge is sympathetic, the defense witnesses are effective, and the prosecuting attorney isn’t out for blood.
And that’s when things go wrong-terribly wrong. A body turns up in a local gulch, is clearly the one Kimo reported, and the DUI is then raised to manslaughter. As the police look into the matter, they find more and more evidence to indicate even that charge may be changed to something more serious, and Kay’s investigative abilities are put to a severe test.
That Kimo’s pickup clearly struck a pedestrian who was alive at the time seems irrefutable. And, by Kimo’s own testimony, the man was dead following the accident. To prove otherwise seems both medically and legally impossible, but Laura and Kay soon find that there may be another explanation. And the search for it takes them off to interview a host of strange people.
For an author bio, photo, and a sample read visit bosonbooks.com. "
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $7.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.