Death in Living Gray Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: January 2012
File Size: 1291 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Prudence Abernathy left her job in a California art gallery to marry a young army captain on the way home from Vietnam. She settled into the life of a country housewife at the old family plantation in Mason County, Virginia-that is, until her husband is disbarred from practicing law. Prudence has to pitch in to keep the family finances afloat, first by selling off antiques from the manor house, and then by welding funky furniture out of cast-off farm machinery-the big stuff like tractors and combines.
She’s making do, selling the furniture mostly to the commuters who are moving into the northern end of the county from the Washington, DC., area. Then, one of her heavy tractor sofas crashes through the parlor floor of the Abernathy manor house, causing part of the chimney facing to disintegrate. The collapse exposes the secret compartment in the wall next to the fireplace, allowing a skeleton in a Confederate Lieutenant’s uniform to fall out. While dusting for prints in the compartment, the police forensic team also finds an expensive bracelet that was stolen the previous year from a retired Yankee businessman, J. Augustus Pickerill.
It’s possible that the person in Confederate uniform was involved in the theft during the Confederate Memorial Day Ball that Mr. Pickerill hosted during the previous May, and hid there after he was mortally wounded by an accomplice who didn’t want to share the loot. But it is also possible that the theft was done before the ball, while the Pickerills were out of the country on vacation.
Unfortunately, Prudence was making some tractor furniture in Mr. Pickerill’s rec room during the vacation period. That gave her the opportunity to steal the jewelry. The local sheriff also decides that she had the means, since the safe containing the jewelry was opened with a welder’s cutting torch, and the motive, since the Abernathys are chronically broke.
Aided by her friends and her status as an almost-local after living in the county for thirty years, she sets out to prove her innocence. As she works her way down the list of possible suspects, she comes into sometimes-amusing contact with many of the citizens of Mason County, who, when not answering Prudence’s questions, are busy trying to navigate their lives between the rural Old South and the encroaching suburbia spreading its technocrat tentacles out from the big city.
A reading sample, author bio, and picture can be found at bosonbooks.com.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $3.49. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.