Decolonizing Anthropology, 3rd edition Ebook
Moving Further toward an Anthropology for Liberation
Publication Date: January 2011
File Size: 24023 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 29.87% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
“provides a most-needed analysis of the benefits and limitations of the new cultural anthropology.” American Ethnologist “groundbreaking” The Teachers College Record DECOLONIZING ANTHROPOLOGY is part of a broader effort that aims to advance the critical reconstruction of the discipline devoted to understanding humankind in all its diversity and commonality. The utility and power of a decolonized anthropology must continue to be tested and developed. May the results of ethnographic probes—the data, the social and cultural analysis, the theorizing, and the strategies for knowledge application—help scholars envision clearer paths toincreased understanding, a heightened sense of intercultural and international solidarity, and last, but certainly not least, world transformation. TABLE OF CONTENTS: Foreword by Yolanda T Moses- Preface by Kimberly Eison Simmons – Anthropology as an Agent of Transformation: Introductory Comments and Queries by Faye V Harrison – Man and Nature, White and Other by Michael L Blakey – Colonized Anthropology: Cargo-Cult Discourse by Pem Davidson Buck- On Ethnography in an Intertextual Situation: Reading Narratives or Desconstructing Discourse? by Glenn H Jordan – Undoing Fieldwork: Personal, Political, Theoretical and Methodological Implications by Deborah D’Amico-Samuels- Ethnography as Politics by Faye V Harrison Confronting the Ethics of Ethnography: Lessons from Fieldwork in Central American by Philippe Bourgeois – “They Exploited Us But We Didn’t Feel It”: Hegemony, Ethnic Militancy, and the Miskitu-Sandinista Conflict by Charles R Hale Anthropology and Liberation by Edmund T Gordon- Militarism and Accumulation as Cargo Cult by Angelia Gilliam – Epilogue by Delmos J Jones
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $10.52. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.