Depression 101 Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
ìThis latest installment in the Psych 101 series is a reader-friendly discussion of one of the most common mental health disorders — depression. With the advent of the DSM-5, this book is not only timely, but it also provides a life-span approach to understanding depression.î— Doody’s Medical Reviews
Depression, often referred to as the ìcommon cold of psychopathology,î is among the most prevalent psychiatric conditions, yet it remains challenging to understand and treat. Depression 10 1 provides a reader-friendly overview of unipolar and bilpolar depression and provides the most current and intriguing scientific knowledge on this topic. Unique in its transdisciplinary and lifespan approaches to depression, the text explicitly integrates models of depression across childhood, adolescence, and adulthood.
Depression 101 establishes an organizational framework for understanding the multiple pathways that can lead to depression. It describes the fundamental distinctions between unipolar and bipolar disorders, and provides a model for understanding of mood disorders on a continuum of severity. The text illuminates how such major psychology disciplines as clinical, developmental, evolutionary, personality, and behavioral neuroscience shed light on the causes, risk factors, and treatment options for the full spectrum of depressive disorders. Cultural and gender as variables are examined as is depression across the lifespan. Additionally the text clarifies common misconceptions about depression and mood disorders, and considers how the recently-released DSM-5 affects diagnostic practice.
- Provides an accessible reader-friendly overview of depression and related mood disorders
- Explores cutting edge research on psychology from across a wide range of psychological disciplines
- Takes a lifespan approach, viewing depression as it affects people at all ages of development
- Clarifies common misconceptions about depression and other mood disorders
- Reviews causes, risk factors, and treatment options for the full spectrum of depressive disorders
- Updated to reflect changes in diagnosis as provided in DSM-5
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $5.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.