Designing Experiments and Analyzing Data: A Model Comparison Perspective Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
Through this book’s unique model comparison approach, students and researchers are introduced to a set of fundamental principles for analyzing data. After seeing how these principles can be applied in simple designs, students are shown how these same principles also apply in more complicated designs.
Drs. Maxwell and Delaney believe that the model comparison approach better prepares students to understand the logic behind a general strategy of data analysis appropriate for various designs; and builds a stronger foundation, which allows for the introduction of more complex topics omitted from other books.
Several learning tools further strengthen the reader’s understanding:
- flowcharts assist in choosing the most appropriate technique;
- an equation cross-referencing system aids in locating the initial, detailed definition and numerous summary equation tables assist readers in understanding differences between different methods for analyzing their data;
- examples based on actual research in a variety of behavioral sciences help students see the applications of the material;
- numerous exercises help develop a deeper understanding of the subject. Detailed solutions are provided for some of the exercises and * realistic data sets allow the reader to see an analysis of data from each design in its entirety.
Updated throughout, the second edition features:
- significantly increased attention to measures of effects, including confidence intervals, strength of association, and effect size estimation for complex and simple designs;
- an increased use of statistical packages and the graphical presentation of data;
- new chapters (15 & 16) on multilevel models;
- the current controversies regarding statistical reasoning, such as the latest debates on hypothesis testing (ch. 2);
- a new preview of the experimental designs covered in the book (ch. 2);
- a CD with SPSS and SAS data sets for many of the text exercises, as well as tutorials reviewing basic statistics and regression; and
- a Web site containing examples of SPSS and SAS syntax for analyzing many of the text exercises.
Appropriate for advanced courses on experimental design or analysis, applied statistics, or analysis of variance taught in departments of psychology, education, statistics, business, and other social sciences, the book is also ideal for practicing researchers in these disciplines. A prerequisite of undergraduate statistics is assumed. An Instructor’s Solutions Manual is available to those who adopt the book for classroom use.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $100.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.