Dictionary of the Khazars - Male example Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Serbian author and historian Milorad Pavic has seen the mystery of the Khazars as a challenge. Novel-lexicon Dictionary of the Khazars contains all possible information about Khazars’ history, religion and legends. Author has decided to use his fantasy to answer many questions that couldn’t be answered by researchers. The story is build around so-called “Khazar polemic”, the struggle between three famous religions for becoming chosen by Khazars. Dictionary of the Khazars is divided in three books: Red, with Christian sources; Green, with Islamic sources and Yellow book with Jewish sources. Some lexicon entries could be found in all three books, but given from different perspectives. Pavic described his novel “as a sculpture”. It has neither beginning nor end. A reader can begin to read the book from any given point and wander in a story full of variety and beauty, following the references. “Dictionary of the Khazars” has two versions: one for male readers and one for female readers. The novel’s hyper-textual nature makes it perfect material for an e-book. In addition, this e-book contains text in four languages: English, Serbian (author’s language), Russian and Swedish. Therefore, it provides additional opportunities for those who speak more than one of those languages. Dictionary of the Khazars has gone through more than 100 editions by the best publishers (Pinguin, Knopf, Belfond, Garzanti, Hanser, Anagrama, Nordstedts, Kastaniotis, Azbooka from St.Petersburg, several in South America, etc.) and has been translated into 24 languages. As the best novel in Yugoslavia in 1984 it won the NIN Award, and the Novel of the Decade 1982-1992 Award as well. “The New York Times” placed it among the seven most beautiful literary works printed in the USA in 1988. It was first among best-sellers in France, and third in England. French and Spanish critics wrote that Pavic is “author of the first book in 21. century” (Paris Match 1988). According to “Washington Times” Pavic is “Homer-like story teller”. In South America, he is “one of the most important contemporary authors”. Pavic is the most citied author by computer/hyper-fiction authors in USA (Robert Coover, New York Times). “Mainichi Shimbun” (Japan 1993) writes: “There are books that cause something like chemical reaction in the reader.Dictionary of the Khazars contains that kind of poison”.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $6.70. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.