Digital Images and Art Libraries in the Twenty-First Century Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Increase your knowledge of the digital technology that is essential for art librarianship today!
Digital Images and Art Libraries in the Twenty-First Century is your key to cutting-edge discourse on digital image databases and art libraries. Just as early photographers tried to capture the world to make it accessible, now information professionals in art libraries and art museums are creating and sharing digital collections to make them broadly accessible. This collection shares the experience and insight of art information managers who have taken advantage of digital technology to expand the coverage and scope of image collections and improve access to previously difficult-to-locate information.
In Digital Images and Art Libraries in the Twenty-First Century you will learn step-by-step what goes into the planning and creation of these “digital global museums” and what advances are still being made in this rapidly evolving discipline. The pros and cons of these ventures are thoroughly examined, as experts take you through the theoretical and practical issues they have faced along the way.
Digital Images and Art Libraries in the Twenty-First Century will help you gain a better understanding of:
- image censorship
- Web filters
- user expectations
- the comparative impact on the viewer of surrogate images versus artifacts
- databases as an in-class teaching and learning tool
You can also read in-depth about the existing digital image collections ArtSTOR and OhioLINK Digital Media Center (DMC) as well as the specific art library materials being considered for these collections. Find out what it takes to catalogue these materials and how the proliferation of digital images is changing the profession of art librarianship.
Digital Images and Art Libraries in the Twenty-First Century is a thorough and highly specialized book suitable for expert librarians and visual resource curators, but its straightforward style also makes it suitable for beginners and students interested in library and information science programs.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $47.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.