Drops and Bubbles in Interfacial Research Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: December 1997
File Size: 29203 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
The shape of drops and bubbles is the centre of interest for many interfacial scientists. This book describes the most recent accomplishments to make use of drops and bubbles in fundamental research and application.
After a general introduction into the mechanics of liquid menisci, chapters are dedicated to methods based on drops or bubbles. The chapters about the three main drop experiments provide the theoretical basis, a description of experimental set-ups, specific advantages and disadvantages, correction and calibration problems, experimental examples and their interpretation: pendent and sessile drop, drop volume, and spinning drop technique.
The chapter about capillary pressure methods summarises different techniques and gives examples of applications, for instance measurements under microgravity.
The maximum bubble pressure technique as a particular capillary pressure method is described, with emphasis on the most recent developments which made this technique applicable to extremely short adsorption times, down to the range of milliseconds and less. Problems connected with aerodynamics and hydrodynamics are discussed and used to show the limits of this widely used standard method.
The oscillating bubble technique provides information not available by other techniques, for example about the dilational rheology of adsorption layers and relaxation processes at the interface.
The description of rising bubbles in surfactant solutions will contain the hydrodynamic basis as well as the theoretical description of the effect of interfacial layers on the movement of bubbles. Besides the theoretical basis experimental data, such as water purification, flotation processes etc. and the relevance for practical applications will be presented.
The chapter about lung alveols demonstrates how important bubbles built by biological membranes are in everyday life. The relevance for medicine and biology as well as model studies is discussed.
An important example for the application of drops is metallurgy, where the surface tension of metals and alloys is an important parameter for many applications. The chapters on drop shape analysis by using fibre technique and on force measurements between emulsion droplets are of much practical relevance.
Lists of references and symbols are given separately at the end of each chapter while a common subject index is given at the end of the book.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $448.85. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.