Effusion Cytology: A Practical Guide to Cancer Diagnosis Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Today, cytology of body cavity fluids is an integral part of cancer staging. A positive diagnosis indicates a high-stage (III or IV) cancer in a majority of instances. General pathologists and cytotechnologists rely on routine cytomorphologic criteria to help oncologists in their staging of cancer patients. The diagnostic clarity, however, is challenged by many false negatives and occasional false positive results. The former is usually followed by an unnecessary surgical procedure in the case of an under-staged cancer and the latter may prevent treatment of a potentially curable disease due to a falsely up-staged cancer.
Effusion Cytology is a practical manual in diagnosis and interpretation of body cavity fluid (BCF) specimens. This highly illustrated volume will provide handy information for the residents, fellows and general pathologists with limited basic knowledge in the area of cytopathology. The book provides a step-by-step guide to evaluation of BCF specimens with the specific goal of identification of malignancies. Use of ancillary techniques such as immunocytochemistry is discussed where appropriate. Special attention is given to the formulation of final cytologic reports of the diagnosis of difficult cases.
Features of Effusion Cytology Include:
- Focus on Cancer Diagnosis: The book seeks to answer the simple question- Does this fluid represent malignancy?
- Practicality: Offers practical approaches to resolving the numerous daily technical and diagnostic problems encountered in a cytology laboratory dealing with body cavity fluid specimens
- Use of Limited Panel of Tumor Markers by Immunocytochemistry (ICC): Describes a simple innovative technique for applying ICC to cytologic smears
- A Practical Guide to Formulate Final Cytologic Reports: The reader will be guided as to how to convey any diagnostic difficulty or issue to the attending physician
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $90.15. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.