Ego Has Landed, The Ebook
The story of my bi-polar journey of mind or, a search for spiritual truth.
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: February 2002
File Size: 470 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
by Bryan Hopkins
The Story of my Bipolar Journey of Mind
A Search for Spiritual Truth
It is three years since the death of my grandfather. You could say that he was beaten by cancer, although in my heart, knowing how he suffered throughout his life with mania, I couldn’t say who won. I often consider whether he is now happier, free from the constraints of a ‘socially unacceptable’ illness. People who suffer from depression should pull themselves together- right? It is understandable why some people think like this- doesn’t everyone suffer from depression?
When I tell people that my grandfather suffered from Manic Depression, they often look at me with a misguided, knowing look; “ah yes” they think, “I’ve felt sad sometimes”. This is the point when I get the desire to shake them until their eyes fall out! If I’m honest, I cannot possibly comprehend how it must have been for him. Some days he would wake up and the world was so grey- black even- that the idea of plummeting hundreds of feet from a multistory car park was preferable to being alive. Other days, I remember him frantically writing, drawing, possessed by a passion for a new plan; it could be anything, My Nan, Brother and I were often guests at our own family ‘Mad Hatters Tea Party’. My Granddad created Brain Clubs, Mind Map Clubs, Writing Clubs; I remember all of us sitting around the dining room table, surrounded by masses of multi-coloured stationary, my Granddad excitedly waving his arms causing wind to flutter his wispy silver hair.
The “Ego has Landed” is about my Grandfathers courageous battle with life; from being given the name of his ‘mental illness’ to his journey with Cancer. He was an inspirational, passionate man. I really miss you Birty, but I hope you’re there when I graduate! Charlotte Easter
Shortly after retirement, I was fortunate to attend a weekend school on the ‘The Human Brain’, where Tony Buzan (of Use Your Head, Brain Club, Mind Mapping etc fame) was the only lecturer/group leader. A wide range of topics was covered and that weekend proved to be the most intensive and enjoyable learning experience of my life (I had not yet the Life Foundation!). I wish I could have had the benefit of that sort of learning in my school or college days (but perhaps then I would not have understood or appreciated it properly) and that it could be more widely available to pupils or students today. Unfortunately, in the UK, maybe the demands of the national curriculum, entrenched attitudes, general bureaucratic requirements and indiscipline make it unlikely. We may be taught a lot at school about what to think, but perhaps little or nothing about how we think, how to think, and how our Minds and Brains really function.
The weekend school could not have come at a more opportune time for me. I was looking for interests to replace my previous obsession with work and my reading about Manic Depression was already leading me to develop a fascination with The Mind. My Accountancy Institute organized the event and I had attended many such schools over the previous twenty years. However, those weekends covered such subjects as: Accountancy; Public Finance; Economics; Politics; Information Technology; and Management (including such Psychological aspects such as Leadership, Teamwork, and Group Dynamics). A weekend devoted to the Human Brain was a complete innovation. How strange it should happen when my Journey of the Mind was at an embryonic stage.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.