Elastic Wave Propagation Ebook
Proceedings of the Second I.U.T.A.M. - I.U.P.A.P., Symposium on Elastic Wave Propagation, Galway, Ireland, March 20-25, 1988
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
This volume contains a timely collection of research papers on the latest developments in the ever-increasing use of elastic waves in a variety of contexts. There are reports on wave-propagation in various types of media: in both isotropic and anisotropic bodies; in homogeneous and inhomogeneous media; in media with cracks or inclusions in random media; and in layered composites.
The bulk of the papers are concerned with propagation in elastic media, but also included are viscoelastic, thermoelastic and magneto-electroelastic wave propagation, as well as waves in porous and piezo-electric bodies. Consideration is given to propagation in bodies as diverse as stretched elastic strings to surfaces such as thin walled cylinders, and thin films under stress. Applications considered include the determination of the depth of cracks; analysis of ground motions generated by a finite fault in seismology; surface wave spreading on piezo-electric solids; and dynamical stress intensity factors. Most of the papers are theoretical in nature, and many are complemented by numerical studies. Also included are a general survey on experimental techniques, and reports on experimental work.
The volume will be of interest to those who do theoretical studies of elastic wave propagation and to those who apply elastic waves whether in seismology, non-destructive testing, the fabrication of devices or underwater acoustics, etc.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $93.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.