Engineering Digital Design: Revised Second Edition Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: January 2000
File Size: 42683 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
Engineering Digital Design, Second Edition provides the most extensive coverage of any available textbook in digital logic and design. The new REVISED Second Edition published in September of 2002 provides 5 productivity tools free on the accompanying CD ROM. This software is also included on the Instructor’s Manual CD ROM and complete instructions accompany each software program.
In the REVISED Second Edition modern notation combines with state-of-the-art treatment of the most important subjects in digital design to provide the student with the background needed to enter industry or graduate study at a competitive level. Combinatorial logic design and synchronous and asynchronous sequential machine design methods are given equal weight, and new ideas and design approaches are explored.
The productivity tools provided on the accompanying CD are outlined below:
1 EXL-Sim2002 logic simulator: EXL-Sim2002 is a full-featured, interactive, schematic-capture and simulation program that is ideally suited for use with the text at either the entry or advanced-level of logic design. Its many features include drag-and-drop capability, rubber banding, mixed logic and positive logic simulations, macro generation, individual and global (or randomized) delay assignments, connection features that eliminate the need for wire connections, schematic page sizing and zooming, waveform zooming and scrolling, a variety of printout capabilities, and a host of other useful features.
2 BOOZER logic minimizer: BOOZER is a software minimization tool that is recommended for use with the text. It accepts entered variable (EV) or canonical (1’s and 0’s) data from K-maps or truth tables, with or without don’t cares, and returns an optimal or near optimal single or multi-output solution. It can handle up to 12 functions Boolean functions and as many inputs when used on modern computers.
3 ESPRESSO II logic minimizer: ESPRESSO II is another software minimization tool widely used in schools and industry. It supports advanced heuristic algorithms for minimization of two-level, multi-output Boolean functions but does not accept entered variables. It is also readily available from the University of California, Berkeley, 1986 VLSI Tools Distribution.
4 ADAM design software: ADAM (for Automated Design of Asynchronous Machines) is a very powerful productivity tool that permits the automated design of very complex asynchronous state machines, all free of timing defects. The input files are state tables for the desired state machines. The output files are given in the Berkeley format appropriate for directly programming PLAs. ADAM also allows the designer to design synchronous state machines, timing-defect-free. The options include the lumped path delay (LPD) model or NESTED CELL model for asynchronous FSM designs, and the use of D FLIP-FLOPs for synchronous FSM designs. The background for the use of ADAM is covered in Chapters 11, 14 and 16 of the REVISED 2nd Edition.
5 A-OPS design software: A-OPS (for Asynchronous One-hot Programmable Sequencers) is another very powerful productivity tool that permits the design of asynchronous and synchronous state machines by using a programmable sequencer kernel. This software generates a PLA or PAL output file (in Berkeley format) or the VHDL code for the automated timing-defect-free designs of the following: (a) Any 1-Hot programmable sequencer up to 10 states. (b) The 1-Hot design of multiple asynchronous or synchronous state machines driven by either PLDs or RAM. The input file is that of a state table for the desired state machine. This software can be used to design systems with the capability of instantly switching between several radically different controllers on a
time-shared basis. The background for the use of A-OPS is covered in Chapters 13, 14 and 16 of the REVISED 2nd Edition.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $146.60. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.