Entire Tales & Poems of Edgar Allan Poe: Photographic & Annotated Edition Ebook
Publication Date: February 2006
File Size: 6829 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing only 50 pages is allowed.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
“Entire Tales & Poems of Edgar Allan Poe: Photographic & Annotated Edition” brings Poe to life as never before. It contains a great foreword by Andrew Barger and includes his annotations, word definitions, foreign language translations, and background information about Poe’s stories and poems that provide insight into their underlying meaning. Photographs of Poe’s many loves and the literary figures he satired in his stories are included. Poems sent to Poe by his many romantic interests and his poems in response are also included. These are very telling about the man who was engaged three times and married to his thirteen-year-old first cousin. The poems are ordered by person and then organized chronologically under that person so that readers can see the exchange of poetry from and to Poe as it unfolded a century and a half ago. The book contains five little-known Poe tales: “[The Bloodhounds],” “Cabs,” “Morning on the Wissahiccon,” “[The Rats of Park Theatre],” “Some Secrets of the Magazine Prison House,” and “The Swiss Bell-Ringers.” Here is but a sampling of the other remarkable tales and poems included: “Annabel Lee,” “The Bells,” “The Black Cat,” “The Cask of Amontillado,” “The Conqueror Worm,” “A Descent into the Maelstrom,” “The Fall of the House of Usher,” “The Gold-Bug,” “The Haunted Palace,” “Lenore,” “The Masque of the Red Death,” “MS. Found in a Bottle,” “Murders in the Rue Morgue,” “The Oblong Box,” “The Pit and the Pendulum,” “The Premature Burial,” “The Purloined Letter,” “The Raven,” “Some Secrets of the Magazine Prison House,” “Some Words with a Mummy,” “The Swiss Bell-Ringers,” “The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether,” “The Tell-Tale Heart,” “Thou Art the Man,” and “Ulalume.” If you are new to Edgar Allan Poe or already have a compilation of his sitting on your bookshelf, here is an opportunity to uniquely experience the poems and stories of the author who invented the mystery genre and defined the horror genre. Read the works of America’s most brilliant and mysterious author as you never have before. Experience the Poe revival firsthand.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $10.98. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.