Ethics for International Business: Decision-Making in a Global Political Economy Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Business takes place in an increasingly global environment, crossing political and cultural boundaries that challenge corporate values. The central focus of this successful and innovative text lies in how to make and explain ‘best choice’ judgments when confronting ethical dilemmas in international business situations.The newly-updated version of this groundbreaking textbook continues to provide a topical and relevant analysis of the ethical dimensions of conducting business in a global political economy. From a starting point of applied ethics, the book introduces a common set of normative terms and analytical tools for examining and discussing real case scenarios. Extensive real-world examples, presented in the form of exhibits, cover issues including: foreign production, including sweatshops export of hazardous products testing and pricing of HIV-AIDS drugs advertising tobacco, alcoholic beverages and infant formula deceptive marketing techniques and bribery religious and social discrimination cultural impacts from ‘music, movies and malls’ environmental issues, including oil spills, rain forest preservation, global warming and genetically modified foods fair trade certification and consumer boycotts oil investments in the Sudan, Burma and Nigeria. To keep pace with the changing landscape of global business, this new edition features: updated exhibits that introduce new issues, including internet censorship and privacy, marketing and obesity, dumping electronic waste in Ghana, the costs of bottled water, and Wal-Mart’s supplier code in China increased coverage of issues arising in emerging markets updated descriptions and assessments of relevant international agreements seventeen new photographs that were chosen to accompany cases designed for classroom discussion ""framing questions"" to guide discussion of issues in topical chapters three additional figures that help depict the ethical analysis process. The continued globalization of business increases the relevance of this textbook and its unique focus on specifically international ethical challenges faced by business, where governments and civil society groups play an active role. While most business ethics texts continue to focus heavily on ethical theory, this textbook condenses ethical theory into applied decision-making concepts, emphasizing practical applications to real world dilemmas.Anyone with an interest in the ethical implications of international business, or the business implications of corporate responsibility in the global market, will find this book a thought-provoking yet balanced analysis. Clearly written, this has become the textbook of choice in this increasingly important field.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $64.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.