Evaluation of Health Care Quality in Advanced Practice Nursing Ebook
Publication Date: February 2012
File Size: 3017 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing 20 pages every 20 days is allowed.
- Copying 20 text selections every 20 days is allowed.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
“This is a wonderful resource that fills a true gap in the literature. This is a topic that needs more exposure and more emphasis in the field of advanced practice nursing. The value of evaluation in healthcare quality will be seen in the outcomes of healthcare improvements.” Score: 100, 5 Stars—Doody’s Medical Reviews
High-level evaluation skills reflecting national standards and benchmarks are becoming increasingly important in our changing health care climate. This is the only nursing textbook to lay the foundation for APNs to achieve the highest possible competency in conducting systematic and in-depth evaluations of all aspects of health care. Comprehensive in scope, it distills current best practice information from numerous sources to create a thorough and reliable resource for APN and DNP graduates.
The text addresses both the theoretical basis of evaluation and its application as an integral part of contemporary practice. It provides an overview of evaluation science and critically examines the characteristics, sources, and quality of the nature of evidence. Several frameworks are described to provide the reader with different evaluation models, including those of economic evaluation. The text covers in detail the evaluation of organizations, systems, and standards for practice, including information systems and patient care technology, the redesign of health care in accordance with patient-family centered models, and the challenges of the current trend toward electronic medical records. Also addressed is the evaluation of populations and health care teams, including characteristics, risk factors, and determinants, as well as the emphasis on interdisciplinary collaborative health teams. Additionally, the text covers translating outcomes from evaluation into health care policy, and opportunities for advocacy and leadership among APNs.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of evaluation of patient, population, systems, health team, and health care information systems technology outcomes
- Presents best practices and evidence-based practices that stress use in practice
- Uses case studies to illustrate application of evaluation in each practice area
- Stresses the importance of clear terminology in evaluation and provides definitions of relevant terms
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $55.34. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.