Expressive Arts Interventions for School Counselors Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Presents 100+ interventions using creative and expressive arts counseling techniques in school settings
Expressive arts therapies are a rich resource for use with children and adolescents, who are often unresponsive to traditional talk therapy, and highly useful to school counselors who must overcome cultural, language, and ability barriers that are increasingly present in diverse and multicultural school settings. This is the first book written specifically for school counselors about using creative and expressive arts counseling techniques in school settings. It presents over 100 interventions using art, drama, music, writing, dance, and movement that school counselors can easily incorporate into their practices with individual students and groups, and in classroom settings. These creative interventions, based on the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Model framework, support the key student domains of academic, career, and personal/social development. The text also meets the important demand for accountability in school counseling by providing guidelines for evaluating the effectiveness of each intervention.
Addressing such issues as emotional expression, social skills development, managing anger/aggression, developing self-esteem, working well with diverse peers, career exploration, and academic skill development, the book is organized by specific types of expressive arts therapies and how they can be used to support different domains in the ASCA model. Each intervention outlines the presenting concerns for which it is most useful, appropriate grade levels, required materials, preparation needed, step-by-step instructions, modifications for special needs students, and an outcome assessment plan. A handy quick reference chart helps readers to quickly locate appropriate interventions for specific concerns. Ideal for the school counselor, social worker, or psychologist who may not have specific training in arts therapies, this book can also help trained arts therapists who will be working in a school setting to select appropriate interventions.
- Presents over 100 creative and expressive arts interventions that can be easily incorporated into school counseling practice
- Addresses all relevant ASCA National Model domains (academic, career, and personal/social)
- Provides easy-to-follow preparation and delivery directions and outcome evaluation methods for each intervention
- Includes modifications for special needs populations
- Offers a handy quick reference chart matching interventions to appropriate concerns
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $55.65. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.