Family Therapy of Neurobehavioral Disorders Ebook
Integrating Neuropsychology and Family Therapy
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Family Therapy of Neurobehavioral Disorders shows you a unique integration of neuropsychology and family therapy. Authors Judith L. Johnson and William G. McCown span these two broad areas by synthesizing family therapy principles and applying them specifically to traumatic brain injury and degenerative dementia. Family therapists, neuropsychologists, social workers, and counselors working with patients who experience brain dysfunction and their families learn to better address common issues and problems and of therapeutic interventions. This expert book includes case examples and working models of family reactions. The book then extends this information into practical clinical situations commonly confronted in work with these patients and their families.
Readers of Family Therapy of Neurobehavioral Disorders are introduced to brain-behavior relationships including neuroanatomy of the brain as it relates to behavior, dynamics of neurologic disorders, and common symptoms of brain dysfunction. You can then use this information to help persons with traumatic brain injury and their families cope with and adjust to the issues and challenges they face. Specifically, you gain invaluable, informative insight into:
- the neuroanatomy of the brain and which structures mediate behavior, emotion, and cognition
- common issues families face when a member suffers traumatic brain injury
- therapeutic strategies and practical suggestions for assisting families
- mild head injury and familial reactions
- common issues faced by families confronting Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias
- a model of family reactions to dementia over time
Chapters in Family Therapy of Neurobehavioral Disorders outline symptoms of brain dysfunction and family therapy designed to approach these symptoms. Divided into two sections, the book gives readers a model of traumatic brain injury beginning with the initial onset and proceeding through time. This section focuses on changes within the family and therapeutic strategies for helping these distressed families. Secondly, the authors address degenerative dementia with emphases on certain phases through which family members may progress as they acknowledge their loved one’s condition and then therapeutically work through the reality of it.
Professionals in the medical and social sciences will find Family Therapy of Neurobehavioral Disorders a unique and irreplacable guide for developing and understanding the meshing of neuropsychology and family therapy. Also, the book serves as a solid text for students in courses such as rehabilitation, counseling, and family therapy.
Translated into Spanish!
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $58.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.