Fedora Core 7 & Red Hat Enterprise Linux : The Complete Reference Ebook
Publication Date: June 2007
File Size: 10223 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 26.8% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
The Definitive Linux Resource—Fully Updated and Expanded
Get full details on the powerful features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Fedora 7 from this fully revised, one-stop guide. Linux expert Richard Petersen covers all the bases, from configuring your desktop, customizing your system, and accessing software repositories to handling files and directories, managing devices and servers, and sharing system resources.
Inside, you’ll get in-depth coverage of Fedora 7’s device and network autoconfiguration, IPv6 and .NET support, SE Linux, software repository installs, custom distribution spins, and system administration tools. You’ll learn how to deploy sound security measures, configure automatic device detection, set up logical volumes for file management, and create your own Fedora distribution using your favorite software.
- Install, use, secure, and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the new Fedora 7
- Configure services using Fedora administration tools for network access, software updates, and file management (LVM and GFS2)
- Manage users, services, file systems, hotplug devices, and printers
- Deploy powerful desktop, office, database, graphics, multimedia, e-mail, Web, and FTP applications
- Optimize security with IPsec, SE Linux, Kerberos, and Netfilter
- Maintain FTP, Web, mail, DNS, proxy, print, news, and database servers
- Administer system resources using GRUB, Yum, HAL, MONO, and udev
- Select, download, and install a Fedora distribution spin
- Auto-configure IPv6, DHCPv6, and DHCP networks
- Access remote files and printers with NFS, GFS2, and SAMBA
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $43.91. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.