File Interchange Handbook: For professional images, audio and metadata Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: November 2012
File Size: 4719 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
The authoritative work on file formats for global film and television!
The FILE INTERCHANGE HANDBOOK is a must-have reference for every film and video professional moving to computer based production and distribution. It is the only book that gives a complete scrutiny and breakdown of all file formats for the transfer of images, sound and metadata.
Geared to a global audience, this text will get you the information that you need to learn this brand-new technology. Upcoming industry trends are mapped out alongside technology standards in this complete guide.
Learn the purpose, functionality, and structure of each standard format with this single major reference on file interchange. This handbook is the one-stop resource you want for this essential technology.
Table of contents:
Intro—Brad Gilmer, Gilmer & Associates, Inc.
1. History / background—Hans Hoffman, EBU
2. Metadata dictionary—Oliver Morgan, Metaglue Corporation
3. Digital Picture eXchange (DPX)—Dave Bancroft, Thomson
4. General eXchange Format (GXF)—Bob Edge and Ray Baldock, Thomson Grass Valley
5. Material eXchange Format (MXF)—Jim Wilkinson, Sony, and Bruce Devlin, Snell & Wilcox, Ltd
6. Advanced Authoring Format (AAF)—Phil Tudor, BBC
7. Windows Media 9-Advanced System Format (ASF)—Nick Vicars-Harris, Microsoft Corporation
8. Apple QuickTime—George Towner, Apple Computer, Inc.
Praise for the File Interchange Handbook:
“Brad Gilmer has assembled a timely and valuable reference work covering the technical and structural aspects of file formats and wrappers used for processing program content. The book provides a clear, concise description of the file wrappers together with valuable background and applications information. It has been tailored for the practicing engineer and technical manager. Chapters on the SMPTE Metadata Dictionary and the Advanced Authoring Format are particularly relevant. This book is a valuable reference work for every practicing broadcast and teleproduction engineer, every Information Technology professional, and those in the telecommunications field who are actively involved in the manufacturing, management, transport or delivery of media and entertainment content.” -
Gavin Schutz, Chief Technology Officer, Ascent Media Group
“I found this book to be an excellent up to date reference manual and a “must read” for anyone currently involved in the design and implementation of multimedia facilities. It helped me to gain a better understanding of issues that must be addressed as we transition our stations from traditional base band audio video environments to a file based IT infrastructures."
- Ira Goldstone, VP chief technology officer Tribune Broadcasting
“In the mid ’90s, CNN and other broadcasters recognized the need for standardized file exchange of broadcast material. Our technology plans mapped a path to an integrated production environment that was based on video files instead of video streams. With these new systems, we wanted to ensure that we could continue to leverage the best technology for the various parts of our production systems while taking advantage of more efficient content access. This created a strong need for open, standardized methods of exchanging video files that would support a variety of compressions and Metadata. These protocols needed to handle everything from simple file exchange to complex authoring formats for content in active production. Because of these needs, CNN pushed the industry to create several of the formats discussed in detail in this book and provided active user requirements during their creation.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $78.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.