Fundamentals of Thermophotovoltaic Energy Conversion Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
This is a text book presenting the fundamentals of thermophotovoltaic(TPV) energy conversion suitable for an upper undergraduate or first year graduate course. In addition it can serve as a reference or design aid for engineers developing TPV systems. Each chapter includes a summary and concludes with a set of problems.
The first chapter presents the electromagnetic theory and radiation transfer theory necessary to calculate the optical properties of the components in a TPV optical cavity. Using a simplified model, Chapter 2 develops expressions for the maximum efficiency and power density for an ideal TPV system. The next three chapters consider the three major components in a TPV system; the emitter, filter and photovoltaic(PV) array. Chapter 3 applies the electromagnetic theory and radiation transfer theory presented in Chapter 1 in the calculation of spectral emittance. From the spectral emittance the emitter efficiency is calculated. Chapter 4 discusses interference, plasma and resonant array filters plus an interference filter with an imbedded metallic layer, a combined interference-plasma filter and spectral control using a back surface reflector(BSR) on the PV array. The theory necessary to calculate the optical properties of these filters is presented. Chapter 5 presents the fundamentals of semiconductor PV cells. Using transport equations calculation of the current-voltage relation for a PV cell is carried out. Quantum efficiency, spectral response and the electrical equivalent circuit for a PV cell are introduced so that the PV cell efficiency and power output can be calculated.
The final three chapters of the book consider the combination of the emitter, filter and PV array that make up the optical cavity of a TPV system. Chapter 6 applies radiation transfer theory to calculate the cavity efficiency of planar and cylindrical optical cavities. Also introduced in Chapter 6 are the overall TPV efficiency, thermal efficiency and PV efficiency. Leakage of radiation out of the optical cavity results in a significant loss in TPV efficiency. Chapter 7 considers that topic. The final chapter presents a model for a planar TPV system.
Six appendices present background information necessary to carry out theoretical developments in the text. Two of the appendices include Mathematica programs for the spectral optical properties of multi-layer interference filters and a planar TPV system. Software is included for downloading all the programs within the book.
- First text written on thermophotovoltaic(TPV) energy conversion
- Includes all the necessary theory to calculate TPV system performance
- Author has been doing TPV energy conversion research since 1980’s
- Emphasizes the fundamentals of TPV energy conversion
- Includes a summary and problem set at the end of each chapter
- Includes Mathematica programs for calculating optical properties of interference filters and planar TPV system performance solution software
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $138.35. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.