Giftedness 101 Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
In my estimation Giftedness 101 ranks high among authoritative texts devoted to this particular population of children. It not only offers thorough experience and knowledge-based insights to those who are already or are contemplating serving the social emotional needs of these children in the future, but also those who profess to educate future teachers, those who would venture out into classrooms charged with the teaching and many others besides. It should be required reading for politicians- especially those who shape educational policy."— Gifted and Talented International
“Linda Silverman is an articulate, insightful, authoritative, and extremely “gifted” international expert in the assessment of giftedness…[She] has created a gem with Giftedness 101 . The fields of psychology and education should welcome this vibrant book with open arms."
Alan S. Kaufman , PhD
Yale Child Study Center
School of Medicine
“This is a really terrific book! I’m really impressed at how much information has been packed into it, how accessible it is (without talking down to the audience), and how well the author has parsed the many key issues in the world of giftedness. Parents and mental health professionals with find this book incredibly useful. I look forward to sharing it far and wide. I think it is a book that was badly needed and will really fill a niche.”
CEO & Executive Director, Gifted Homeschoolers Forum
This is the most thorough history, explanation, and call to action for gifted advocates you will find."— Laughing at Chaos Blog
What is giftedness? Is it the potential for success or is it the experience of being an “outsider”? This book addresses the unique psychological needs of gifted children, which are often manifested as “feeling different,” and examines special issues such as gifted children with learning disabilities, gender considerations, implications of socio-economic status, and more.
Giftedness 101 dispels common myths about giftedness and challenges the view that eminence is the true signifier of giftedness. It offers specific guidelines to psychologists, parents, and teachers; describes comprehensive assessment of the gifted; provides support for the twice exceptional; and focuses on the complex inner world of the gifted. The book defines giftedness as a psychological reality with powerful ramifications throughout the lifespan. Giftedness 101 will be a valuable, eye-opening resource for psychologists, educators, and other professionals who work with the gifted, as well as gifted individuals and their families.
- Provides a concise, accessible overview of one of the most important and challenging topics in psychology and education
- Examines the concept of giftedness across the lifespan
- Covers both the intellectual assessment and development of gifted individuals as well as the psychological well-being issues of this population
- Written by a prominent expert in the field of the psychology of giftedness
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $5.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.