God, Do You Really Care?: Finding Strength When He Seems Distant Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
When the Hits Just Keep On Comin’
There are small hits: The car won’t start. You lose something valuable. It’s raining on your five-hundred-person outdoor event. And there are big hits: She’s diagnosed with cancer. You’re being laid off. They’re getting divorced. Regardless of magnitude, each trial causes us to ask, “Lord, do you really care?” Tony Evans bases his resounding, “Yes, He does!” on a thorough analysis of John 11. While interacting with Martha and Mary, who were reeling from news of their brother’s death, Jesus’ words and actions have much to say to us today. Before, during, or after you’re assaulted by doubt, pain, confusion, disappointment, or grief, this powerful book will help you zero in on Christ to ensure that no crisis of any kind will ever shipwreck your faith.
“I Need a Miracle.”
You’re in over your head. The hits just keep coming. Maybe you could handle this if you knew God cared. But right now? Well…you’re not really sure.
Catastrophe, sickness, loss, and other unexpected trials and setbacks can make you doubt that God is good or wants your best. But He _ is_ good. And He does care.
Tony Evans reveals this truth in a new way through an eye-opening study of John 11. As you delve into the miracle of Jesus raising his friend Lazarus from the dead, you will find a pointed message for your own life and specific circumstances.
Lingering, crippling doubts, fears, and disappointments have no rightful place in your life. Look up and take heart. God really _ does_ care. More than you could begin to imagine.
INSIDE LEFT FLAP
“Wake up, O L ord !…
Why do you ignore our suffering and oppression?”
—Psalm 44: 23-24
Questioning God is nothing new. Since biblical times men and women have entertained doubts about His heart, His attentiveness, and His intentions. We demand answers to our cries of Why, God? and How long do I have to endure this?
God is not put off or intimidated by your questions. He wants you to be real with Him. But He also wants to be real with you. And that means assuring you that He cares. In hard times and sickness, in fear and confusion, in pain and disappointment. It matters not what you face, but, rather, whom you choose to face.
As you seek His comfort, you’ll also find His challenge. Jesus cares too much to leave you where you’re at. So the question is yours to answer: Will you believe Him for life beyond what you’ve ever experienced?
Story Behind the Book
As senior pastor of the 7,000-member Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship, Tony Evans knows when his flock is struggling, he knows the Truth, and he knows how to convey it in a life-changing way. This book is based on a series of messages that he originally gave in 2004 entitled, “Lord, Do You Really Care?” Combining it with another series he delivered on “The Caring Christian” in 2003, this book makes the powerful compassion of Christ applicable to any believer struggling with any crisis.
From the Hardcover edition.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $10.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.