Godunov-type Schemes: An Introduction for Engineers Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
Godunov-type schemes appear as good candidates for the next generation of commercial modelling software packages, the capability of which to handle discontinuous solution will be a basic requirement. It is in the interest of practising engineers and developers to be familiar with the specific features of discontinuous wave propagation problems and to be aware of the possibilities offered by Godunov-type schemes for their solution.
This book aims to present the principles of such schemes in a way that is easily understandable to practising engineers.
The features of hyperbolic conservation laws and their solutions are presented in the first two chapters. The principles of Godunov-type schemes are outlined in a third chapter. Chapters 4 and 5 cover the application of the original Godunov scheme to scalar laws and to hyperbolic systems of conservation laws respectively. Chapter 6 is devoted to higher-order schemes in one dimension of space. The design of such a scheme is described for the general case and applied to some well-known schemes such as the MUSCL and PPM schemes. Chapter 7 focuses on multidimensional problems. The classical alternate directions and finite volume approaches are presented together with the wave splitting technique that is described in depth with an application to two-dimensional systems. Chapter 8 deals with large-time step algorithms. These include front tracking-based methods, explicit-implicit techniques and the time-line interpolation technique. Three appendices provide notions on accuracy and stability issues, Riemann solvers and the user instructions for the computational codes provided in the enclosed CD-ROM.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $182.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.