Governing Through Globalised Crime: Futures for International Criminal Justice Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Governing through Globalised Crime provides an analysis of the impact of globalisation of crime on the governance capacity of the international criminal justice system. It explores how the perceived increased risk in global security has resulted in a reformulation of the relationship between crime and governance.
The book seeks to argue that values of freedom, equality, communitarian harmony and personal integrity which the prosecution of crimes against humanity are said to advance, need not be sacrificed in a new world order obsessed with partial security and secularized risk. This book aims to address a way forward for the governance capacity of international criminal justice, arguing that international criminal justice provides a central tool for global governance. In exploring the dependency of global governance on crime and control, projections can be made about the changing face of international criminal justice. Fundamental transformation is required to hold unjust global dominion to account.
The book’s policy perspective challenges international criminal justice to return to the more critical position justice has exercised in the _ separation of powers_ constitutional legality. For liberal democratic theory at least, judicial authority and its institutions have ensured constitutional legality by requiring the legislature and the executive to operate accountably against a higher normative order. This is not a predominant function of judges and courts in the international context despite their statutory invocation to this task .
Case-studies of global crime and control reveal contexts in which the co-opted governance of institutional ICJ in particular, has a politicized motivation which too often advances the authority and interests of one world order against the sometimes legitimate resistance of criminalized communities. When the analysis moves to the consideration of victim community interests, and from there to the appropriate global constituencies of ICJ, the nature and limitations of ICJ supporting governance in the risk/security model, becomes apparent.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $49.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.