Greece in the Euro: Economic Delinquency or System Failure? Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Is Greece an economic delinquent or a victim of systemic failure? The question and its answer have wider resonance: the Euro ‒ a currency without a state ‒ was always going to be about owning and sharing responsibility in a less than perfect monetary union, in a more than troubled world. Combining historical perspective with up-to-date analysis, and using elite interviews published for the first time, this book foregoes apportioning blame, in favour of delving into the complex forces that turned a sovereign debt crisis into a crisis for the eurozone. In the process, it subjects theoretical insights on rule-following and compliance to fresh empirical testing, while introducing a concept of policy ostrichism. Greece in the Euro: Economic Delinquency or System Falure? contributes to three important debates about the euro area crisis: the ‘new’ economic governance versus the old approach, the IMF/EU experiment in problem solving and, finally, the democratic ownership of the national economic policy process. ‘The Europeans have engaged in a protracted and often highly uncivilized blame game as the euro crisis moves from one phase to the next. This book examines the interaction between national and systemic failure, with Greece as a test case. It is lucid, well documented and cogently argued. And it pulls no punches.’ Professor Loukas Tsoukalis University of Athens ‘Those who have been puzzled by the unravelling of the political contract that underlay European economic and monetary union will find much of value in this study. Examining the strength of weak institutions, Eleni Panagiotarea shows, through meticulous analysis of the evidence and the use of interviews, how the political commitments involved in the design of monetary union could not be sustained.’ Professor Albert Weale FBA School of Public Policy, University College London ‘An informed and balanced account of how Greece and the euro-zone got into this mess. It introduces the reader to the complexities of reforming Greece and to the shallowness of the Ordo-liberal design for the euro.’ Professor Kevin Featherstone Eleftherios Venizelos Chair in Contemporary Greek Studies European Institute, London School of Economics
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $40.10. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.