Ground Improvement: Case Histories Ebook
Publication Date: November 2005
File Size: 25312 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
- The first book of its kind, providing over thirty real-life case studies of ground improvement projects selected by the worlds top experts in ground improvement from around the globe.
- Volume 3 of the highly regarded Elsevier Geo-engineering book series coordinated by the Series Editor: Professor John A Hudson FREng.
- An extremely reader friendly chapter format.
- Discusses wider economical and environmental issues facing scientists in the ground improvement.
Ground improvement has been both a science and art, with significant developments observed through ancient history. From the use of straw as blended infill with soils for additional strength during the ancient Roman civilizations, and the use of elephants for compaction of earth dams during the early Asian civilizations, the concepts of reinforced earth with geosynthetics, use of electrokinetics and thermal modifications of soils have come a long way. The use of large and stiff stone columns and subsequent sand drains in the past has now been replaced by quicker to install and more effective prefabricated vertical drains, which have also eliminated the need for more expensive soil improvement methods.
The early selection and application of the most appropriate ground improvement techniques can improve considerably not only the design and performance of foundations and earth structures, including embankments, cut slopes, roads, railways and tailings dams, but also result in their cost-effectiveness. Ground improvement works have become increasingly challenging when more and more problematic soils and marginal land have to be utilized for infrastructure development.
This edited compilation contains a collection of Chapters from invited experts in various areas of ground improvement, who have illustrated the basic concepts and the applications of different ground improvement techniques using real projects that they have been involved in. The case histories from many countries ranging from Asia, America, Australia and Europe are addressed.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $263.46. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.