Group Policy Fundamentals, Security, and Troubleshooting Ebook
Chapter 12: Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM)
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: February 2008
File Size: 2470 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Jeremy Moskowitz’s landmark book on Group Policy has been fully revised, and this revision (Revision 5) now offers many chapters as eBook downloads. This eBook chapter is entitled Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM) and is part of a larger series of chapters from his book, Group Policy Fundamentals, Security, and Troubleshooting. In this chapter, youll learn how to use the extra Advanced Group Policy Management tool (AGPM) from Microsoft and utilize it to make a full change management system around GPOs. The goal of the AGPM is to help companies with the challenge of GPO management. Have you ever noticed that there’s no “Are you sure you really want to do this?” inside the GPMC and Group Policy Editors? Everything in Group Policy editors happens in real time. If you make a mistake, there’s no “Group Policy Undo” short of disabling or deleing the GPO and hoping you only have a few people to clean up. So, specifically, AGPM it puts a “change management” system around Group Policy within the GPMC. This lets some people request changes, others make editing choices, and others approve their changes. AGPM is involved with ensuring that your overall “philosophy” of Group Policy management is done right. It’s meant to ensure GPOs are configured right (before they’re placed into production), reduce the risk of Group Policy deployment errors and ensure that Group Policy management is done securely. And it’s a really cool tool. Which is why Microsoft is making you pay extra for it. Right now, if you want to use AGPM the rules are very clear: you need to be an SA customer and you must be willing to buy the entire MDOP package for several dollars per seat (usually $10 US.). There are four big things you get with the MDOP package, and AGPM is just one of them. (We talk about the other really big one in the companion book, Implementing the Secure Managed Desktop, when we talk about SoftGrid.) So, I recognize that this chapter isn’t for everyone. It’s for customers who are willing to pony up money after they’ve already ponied up money to become an SA customer. But AGPM is a great addition to what’s possible in Group Policy land, so we’ll explore what it has to offer. And again, who knows. Maybe someday AGPM will be freely available to all Windows customers. If you’ve got AGPM, flirting with implementing AGPM or just curious about AGPM — this chapter is for you. Get signed hardcopies and learn more about this book and its companion book Creating the Secure Managed Desktop at www.GPanswers.com/book. At GPanswers.com, youll also find supplemental downloads for these chapters as well as any downloadables for each chapter. Join the GPanswers.com newsletter list for news and updates.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $7.18. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.