Hacking Exposed, Sixth Edition : Network Security Secrets& Solutions Ebook
Publication Date: January 2009
File Size: 10560 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 26.57% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
The tenth anniversary edition of the world’s bestselling computer security book!
The original Hacking Exposed authors rejoin forces on this new edition to offer completely up-to-date coverage of today’s most devastating hacks and how to prevent them. Using their proven methodology, the authors reveal how to locate and patch system vulnerabilities. The book includes new coverage of
The world’s bestselling computer security book—fully expanded and updated
“Right now you hold in your hand one of the most successful security books ever written. Rather than being a sideline participant, leverage the valuable insights Hacking Exposed 6 provides to help yourself, your company, and your country fight cyber-crime.” —From the Foreword by Dave DeWalt, President and CEO, McAfee, Inc.
“For security to be successful in any company, you must ‘think evil’ and be attuned to your ‘real risk’… Hacking Expose 6 defines both.” —Patrick Heim, CISO, Kaiser Permanente
“The definitive resource to understanding the hacking mindset and the defenses against it.” —Vince Rossi, CEO & President, St. Bernard Software
“Identity theft costs billions every year and unless you understand the threat, you will be destined to be a victim of it. Hacking Exposed 6 gives you the tools you need to prevent being a victim.” —Bill Loesch, CTO, Guard ID Systems
“This book is current, comprehensive, thoughtful, backed by experience, and appropriately free of vendor-bias-prized features for any security practitioner in need of information.” —Kip Boyle, CISO, PEMCO Mutual Insurance Company
“The Hacking Exposed series has become the definitive reference for security professionals from the moment it was first released, and the 6th edition maintains its place on my bookshelf,” —Jeff Moss, Founder of the popular Black Hat Security Conference
Meet the formidable demands of security in today’s hyperconnected world with expert guidance from the world-renowned Hacking Exposed team. Following the time-tested “attack-countermeasure” philosophy, this 10th anniversary edition has been fully overhauled to cover the latest insidious weapons in the hacker’s extensive arsenal.
New and updated material:
- New chapter on hacking hardware, including lock bumping, access card cloning, RFID hacks, USB U3 exploits, and Bluetooth device hijacking
- Updated Windows attacks and countermeasures, including new Vista and Server 2008 vulnerabilities and Metasploit exploits
- The latest UNIX Trojan and rootkit techniques and dangling pointer and input validation exploits
- New wireless and RFID security tools, including multilayered encryption and gateways
- All-new tracerouting and eavesdropping techniques used to target network hardware and Cisco devices
- Updated DoS, man-in-the-middle, DNS poisoning, and buffer overflow coverage
- VPN and VoIP exploits, including Google and TFTP tricks, SIP flooding, and IPsec hacking
- Fully updated chapters on hacking the Internet user, web hacking, and securing code
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $36.71. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.