Hannah's Journey Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
HANNAH’S JOURNEY is a masterfully written account of immigration from the Black Forest area of Germany to the New World by the author’s ancestor, Hannah Conrad. Hannah and her husband, Ulrick, survived a perilous ocean voyage only to become consumed by the French and Indian wars. The story of the captivity of Hannah and her children by Shawnee Chief Killbuck was passed down through generations till author Ralph Coonrod decided to research the plight of Hannah and her family. The detail is historically accurate and Ralph’s visual writing style draws the reader into every facet of Hannah’s unimaginable hardship and her will to survive. As you read HANNAH"S JOURNEY, you slowly realize that the horrible circumstances that Hannah found herself in at the hands of the Shawnee was not unique. Many Americans have ancestors who went through similar tortures, but since most of those accounts have been lost, we take those hardships for granted. After reading Ralph’s account of his ancestor’s captivity, you will have a new appreciation for the determination and sacrifice that it took to build America and persevere in the face of incredible tragedy. Author Bio: Ralph graduated from high school in Frankfort, Ohio. Frankfort was the former site of a Shawnee Indian village and, even earlier, a village of the Mound Builders, an ancient Indian tribe. Some of the mounds are still visible today. It was a village where Joseph was kept during part of the time he was a captive of the Shawnee. Ralph’s father was born and grew up near the town of Knockemstiff, Ohio (yes, it’s on the map), just a few miles from the road Hannah and her family were taken west as captives of the Shawnee. Ralph’s family has held many of their reunions at Seip Mound (also built by the Mound builders) in Ohio. It’s a few miles east of the Seven Caves area where Joseph made his first escape from the Indians. The Seven Caves is also where Daniel Boone was kept part of the time as a prisoner after the Shawnee tribe captured him. After he moved to Kansas, Ralph built houses on some of the same land that was given to Blue Jacket’s tribe when they were relocated from Ohio to Kansas. The main park in the town of Shawnee, Kansas, is called Blue Jacket Park. In St. Genevieve, Missouri, the house where Hannah lived when first taken there, is still standing and is on the National Register of Historic Places. keywords: Indian Wars, Suspense, Adventure, Pioneers, Settlers, Captivity, Shawnee , Early American history, Indian Tribes, Torture
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $5.13. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.