Head First EJB: Passing the Sun Certified Business Component Developer Exam Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: October 2003
File Size: 29506 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
What do Ford Financial, IBM, and Victoria’s Secret have in common? Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB). As the industry standard for platform-independent reusable business components, EJB has just become Sun Microsystem’s latest developer certification. Whether you want to be certifiable or just want to learn the technology inside and out, Head First EJB will get you there in the least painful way. And with the greatest understanding.You’ll learn not just what the technology is , but more importantly, _ why_ it is, and what it is and isn’t good for. You’ll learn tricks and tips for EJB development, along with tricks and tips for passing this latest, very challenging Sun Certified Business Component Developer (SCBCD) exam. You’ll learn how to think like a server. You’ll learn how to think like a bean. And because this is a Head First book, you’ll learn how to think about thinking.Co-author Kathy Sierra was one of Sun’s first employees to teach brave, early adopter customers how to use EJB. She has the scars. But besides dragging you deep into EJB technology, Kathy and Bert will see you through your certification exam, if you decide to go for it. And nobody knows the certification like they do- they’re co-developers of Sun’s actual exam!As the second book in the Head First series, Head First EJB follows up the number one best-selling Java book in the US, Head First Java . Find out why reviewers are calling it a revolution in learning tough technical topics, and why Sun Chairman and CEO Scott McNealy says, "Java technology is everywhere…if you develop software and haven’t learned Java, it’s definitely time to dive in “Head First.”And with Head First book, you don’t even have to feel guilty about having fun while you’re learning; it’s all part of the learning theory. If the latest research in cognitive science, education, and neurobiology suggested that boring, dry, and excruciatingly painful was the best way to learn, we’d have done it. Thankfully, it’s been shown that your brain has a sense of style, a sense of humour, and a darn good sense of what it likes and dislikes.In Head First EJB , you’ll learn all about:
- Component-based and role-based development
- The architecture of EJB, distributed programming with RMI
- Developing and Deploying an EJB application
- The Client View of a Session and Entity bean
- The Session Bean Lifecycle and Component Contract
- The Entity bean Lifecycle and Component Contract
- Container-managed Persistence (CMP)
- Container-managed Relationships (CMR)
- EJB Exceptions
- The Deployment Descriptor
- The Enterprise Bean Environment in JNDI
- Programming Restrictions and Portability
The book includes over 200 mock exam questions that match the tone, style, difficulty, and topics on the real SCBCD exam. See why Kathy and Bert are responsible for thousands of successful exam-passers—"The Sun certification exam was certainly no walk in the park, but Kathy’s material allowed me to not only pass the exam, but Ace it!“—Mary Whetsel, Sr. Technology Specialist, Application Strategy and Integration, The St. Paul Companies”Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates are two of the few people in the world who can make complicated things seem damn simple, and as if that isn’t enough, they can make boring things seem interesting.“—Paul Wheaton, The Trail Boss, javaranch.com”Who better to write a Java study guide than Kathy Sierra, reigning queen of Java instruction? Kathy Sierra has done it again. Here is a study guide that almost guarantees you a certification!"—James Cubetta, Systems Engineer, SGI
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $31.45. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.