Helping Kids Achieve Their Best: Understanding and Using Motivation in the Classroom Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
This very accessible book reflects the insight and breadth of understanding of an acknowledged expert. It also instructs in a most engaging fashion. While current theory and research provide a sound substantive base, the author has succeeded in speaking realistically and engagingly to those who must put theory into practice in the everyday world of school. It is not just a book about motivation, though it certainly handles that topic competently. It is above all a significant contribution to the practice of teaching, especially as it engagingly portrays challenges and solutions for eliciting a student’s best efforts toward thoughtful learning. Unlike many, if not most, texts, this one is truly interactive in nature. This should not only encourage the reader to pay attention but also to become a coconstructor of meaningful and useful ways to approach teaching. In design and content, this book practises what it preaches regarding teaching, motivation and learning. As one who has spent a career reading books on “motivation,” I can recall only a mere few that have managed to hit the right tone for those who would teach. And, this one does so fully mindful of current theory and research. This is an excellent little book for a wide variety of classes, but especially for classes that are designed to help prospective teachers develop an approach to the persistent questions of student motivation. – Martin L. Maehr University of Michigan The case studies cited in this book all come from the National Competency Framework for Beginning Teaching, National Project on the Quality of Teaching and Learning, Australian Teaching Council, 1996 and are reproduced with permission of the Commonwealth of Australia.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $50.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.