High Spain Drifter Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Cyclist, Mark Krieger and his wife Roz set off on another of their many fascinating journeys throughout Europe, this time around Spain and Portugal’s Iberian Peninsula.
Following the footsteps of the Tour de France and Spain’s Vuelta a España through the Pyrénées, Mark recalls many of cycling’s memorable moments; some inspirational, and some that the sport would rather forget.
Across the border into Spain, summer is approaching, a time when Catalonians are in festival mode. Travelling west, there is a treacherous ‘goat track’, near Oviedo, that Mark’s determined to conquer after two failed attempts.
Arriving in Portugal, the pair are enthralled by the country’s history; events like the ‘Age of Discoveries’, the 1755 earthquake, the Carnation Revolution and the humble beginnings of Fado. As for the present, there’s nothing better than the food and the distinctive way it’s presented.
Large cities are not normally on Mark’s ‘to do’ list, especially when cycling is involved, but, drenched in history and abundantly alive in the present, Lisbon proves an awesome exception. Just as evocative in its own way is the small Spanish town of Trigueros. Once the sun goes down, its previously near-deserted streets come alive.
Continuing through the south of Spain, the travelers visit the Sierra Nevada range. It’s here where Mark tries to fulfill another obsession; to cycle up its highest peak, Pico de Veleta. Much higher and harder than any mountain he’s ever dreamed of tackling, its final kilometres of treacherous road make the thought of continuing seem foolish.
Fast approaching the town of Solsona, where his cycling trek began, Mark recalls some of the memories he and Roz have shared on their journey, while the thought of ‘where to next’ is never far away.
Author_Bio: An avid cyclist, Mark has travelled widely throughout Australia, the United Kingdom and Europe. Now a retired schoolteacher, these passions, as well as his life-long interest in history, have become the catalyst for his writing. His and his wife’s journey around France in 2009 – portrayed in his book, Lycra, Lattes and the Long Way Round – was the first of many wonderful adventures in the years ahead. Today, Mark and Roz live happily on Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula.
Keywords: cycling, travel, Vuelta a Espana, history, cinema, mountains, Portugal, Spain, Fado, Reconquista
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $6.09. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.