High Spain Drifter Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: May 2017
File Size: 1439 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Cyclist, Mark Krieger and his wife Roz set off on another of their many fascinating journeys throughout Europe, this time around Spain and Portugal’s Iberian Peninsula.
Following the footsteps of the Tour de France and Spain’s Vuelta a España through the Pyrénées, Mark recalls many of cycling’s memorable moments; some inspirational, and some that the sport would rather forget.
Across the border into Spain, summer is approaching, a time when Catalonians are in festival mode. Travelling west, there is a treacherous ‘goat track’, near Oviedo, that Mark’s determined to conquer after two failed attempts.
Arriving in Portugal, the pair are enthralled by the country’s history; events like the ‘Age of Discoveries’, the 1755 earthquake, the Carnation Revolution and the humble beginnings of Fado. As for the present, there’s nothing better than the food and the distinctive way it’s presented.
Large cities are not normally on Mark’s ‘to do’ list, especially when cycling is involved, but, drenched in history and abundantly alive in the present, Lisbon proves an awesome exception. Just as evocative in its own way is the small Spanish town of Trigueros. Once the sun goes down, its previously near-deserted streets come alive.
Continuing through the south of Spain, the travelers visit the Sierra Nevada range. It’s here where Mark tries to fulfill another obsession; to cycle up its highest peak, Pico de Veleta. Much higher and harder than any mountain he’s ever dreamed of tackling, its final kilometres of treacherous road make the thought of continuing seem foolish.
Fast approaching the town of Solsona, where his cycling trek began, Mark recalls some of the memories he and Roz have shared on their journey, while the thought of ‘where to next’ is never far away.
Author_Bio: An avid cyclist, Mark has travelled widely throughout Australia, the United Kingdom and Europe. Now a retired schoolteacher, these passions, as well as his life-long interest in history, have become the catalyst for his writing. His and his wife’s journey around France in 2009 – portrayed in his book, Lycra, Lattes and the Long Way Round – was the first of many wonderful adventures in the years ahead. Today, Mark and Roz live happily on Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula.
Keywords: cycling, travel, Vuelta a Espana, history, cinema, mountains, Portugal, Spain, Fado, Reconquista
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $6.09. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.