History of Psychology 101 Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
“This bookís great strength is the way it weaves psychology between events and trends in society. It shows that psychology isnít separate, watching through a one-way mirror, but that psychology and society are threads woven together in the same tapestry. Key theories and ëbig namesí fit into a story that makes sense, and become more human than legend… The writing style is clear and direct; I found myself looking forward to each chapter… [A] highly informative book that would benefit students, psychologists and aspiring psychologists.”
Dr. Francis Quinn , Robert Gordon University
“This slim volume would be a wonderful accompaniment to a traditional text. This reviewer has taught history and theory of psychology for 24 years. In those years, many students have said — at the end of the course — ‘I wish I had known this stuff at the beginning of my degree.’ This volume would fill that need.”
R.E. Osborne , PhD, Texas State University
“In this engaging and highly readable book, Devonis gives readers a ‘usable past’ ñ an account of key themes and issues that shaped modern American psychology. Much more than a straightforward chronicle of intellectual antecedents, History of Psychology 101 situates the field in a wider social and historical context. The book will appeal to both experienced psychologists and those new to the field ñ highly recommended.”
Ian Nicholson , PhD
St. Thomas University
“The author is very knowledgeable of the history of psychology and is uniquely qualified to prepare this book. Dave Devonis has extensive experience teaching students, which is apparent with the way he wrote this book to enhance learning and understanding.”
Laura Koppes Bryan , PhD
University of Baltimore
Spanning the modern development of psychological science and practice-the era most relevant to today’s psychologists-this concise overview of psychology’s history focuses on how the field has striven to make a positive impact on society and the individuals within it. It not only examines, decade by decade, the key developments in psychology, but goes beyond the usual “schools and systems” approach to illuminate not just how psychological theories developed but how they have been applied and practiced. The text is unique in its focus on connecting the historical development of psychology to present concerns in the field, thus making the information more relevant to today’s student.
Woven throughout the book is thread of optimism regarding the value of psychological ideas for the betterment of humanity. The book considers how psychology has informed-and been influenced by-social and cultural concerns of the past century. Each chapter highlights a theme that typified the science and practice of psychology in a particular era, along with a “historical centerpiece,” an examination of an exemplary psychologist or psychological work that typified the field’s development during that time period.
- Presents a concise, accessible overview of the modern history of psychology
- Goes beyond the usual “schools and systems” approach to focus on how psychological theories were developed, applied, and practiced
- Demonstrates how the field of psychology has endeavored to make a positive impact on society and individuals
- Focuses on making historical information relevant to psychological practice today
- Embeds psychology in the social and cultural milieu of each era
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $5.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.