HIV/AIDS and the Drug Culture: Shattered Lives Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
In this startling new collection of case studies entitled HIV/AIDS and the Drug Culture: Shattered Lives, you’ll take an eye-opening and informative look at the lifestyle and culture of the HIV/AIDS intravenous drug users (IVDUs). You’ll see how health care providers and caregivers can update their methods and mindsets in order to meet the needs of this special cross-section of patients.
In each chapter of HIV/AIDS and the Drug Culture, you’ll gain instant access to full medical and psychosocial histories. You’ll also find summaries of important events, clues to recognize, and strategies to safely manage each problematic situation that might arise, all of which will speed you on your way to more effectively and professionally administering to current and former intravenous drug users. Specifically, you’ll read about:
- facts about needle exchange programs, injection drug use, and seroprevalence among IVDUs
- developing and assessing coping skills
- applying harm reduction models
- relapse prevention
- identifying and dealing with manipulative behaviors
Because most health care providers only deal with a small number of HIV/AIDS IVDU cases, they lack the opportunity to construct valuable and viable plans for dealing with such patients. Now, finally, you have this guide to help you. So, if you’re a nurse, social worker, health care provider, case manager, therapist, or someone interested in learning about the latest information regarding health care and intravenous drug use, let HIV/AIDS and the Drug Culture introduce you to the culture of the drug user and the best plans for meeting his or her health care needs.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $52.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.