Hospital Emergency Response Teams (HERTs): Triage for Optimal Disaster Response Ebook
Publication Date: November 2009
File Size: 6195 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
A hospital can continue to function during a disaster or terrorist attack if a Hospital Emergency Response Team (HERT) protects the facility by the establishing and staffing of an Emergency Treatment Area. For the first time, here is an entire text dedicated to developing a free-standing operational team capable of protecting the healthcare center and its employees. This unit, if properly designed, is mobile enough to operate at a remote site, offering services to less prepared facilities. Not only does the hospital gain operational capacity by creating such a team, it also goes a long way toward meeting JCAHO’s accreditation requirements. This book covers information that in an emergency is crucial to emergency medical service personnel and hospital staff in the emergency department, nursing, clinician, and other technical or support positions. It is also required reading for community public safety personnel and those charged with community-level planning, allowing them to better understand hospital capabilities and needs in times of disaster.
- Common sense approach shows what really works, not what is theoretically achievable
- Forms, checklists, and guidelines can be used to develop concrete response plans, validate existing operations, or simply expand knowledge base
- The latest from OSHA, Joint Commission and NIMS (National Incident Management System)
- Cross-disciplinary author team ensures material is appropriate for all member of this important collaboration
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $51.26. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.