How to Plan a Great Second Life: Why not live fully every day of your extra 30 years? Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: October 2004
File Size: 1064 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 15.99% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
What are you going to do with your extra 30 years? It’s true, just for being alive right now you get an extraordinary gift-30 extra years! (Our kin died at 48 in 1900 but today we live to 78, with many more reaching 100.) During that time we can reinvent ourselves and create a full “second life,” injecting fun, purpose, and meaning into those bonus years. Gordon Burgett’s to the rescue! That’s what this book helps us do: lay out a plan to create a new life, doing what we want when we want! That bonanza of extra years can be a very long, sad bane if we don’t plan ahead! Most Americans have a vague sense that they should set aside some surplus cash now so they will be more comfortable later. And they know that puffing three packs a day or years of rampant inactivity rewarded with half gallons of Rocky Road before bed hint of a lesser bonanza. But forgotten entirely is any positive, creative life plan that allows them to define their own second life dreams, then determine how and when they will make those dreams come true. In 256 fun-packed pages, the author helps the reader create his or her own future life map. His straightforward guide for singles or couples helps them (1) review where they are now: skills, money, and health; (2) create a “Dream List,” (3) prioritize and time-peg those dreams, (4) put them into doable action steps, (5) factor in the resources they have to fund them, and (6) put their resulting Action Plan into motion! The book is primarily designed to be used by those in the 40-60 age bracket, but is also an excellent life planning guide for either anybody younger saving for their future or for seniors of any age. Its 17 forms, charts, and worksheets make the planning easy and fun. And its website backup keeps the guide current and the information growing forever. At 66 and with 27 books and 1,700+ articles in print, is the author ready for the rocking chair? “Heavens no!” Burgett retorts. “I’m just getting my second wind…” During his first wind, Gordon was an university dean, taught widely, directed a CARE program in Colombia and Ecuador, played minor league baseball, led a gold hunt on the Paushi-Yaco (Upper Amazon) River, miraculously sunk two holes in one, and spoke 100+ times annually for 20+ years. “We’re going to get old anyway,” Burgett says, “so why not take control? The real issue is proaction or reaction. An exciting, productive, sharing second life doesn’t just happen on its own. We must take the reins!”
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $13.40. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.