How to Start a Career in Information Technology Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: November 2004
File Size: 1200 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 30.08% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
PRAISE FOR THE BOOK “Ian Fisher has produced a comprehensive and eminently useful volume. Anyone contemplating entering the Information Technology workplace, and even those already there, will benefit from this thoughtfully considered and beautifully organized guidebook that addresses every relevant topic, including a frank discussion of outsourcing and its impact on the IT job market. Enthusiastically recommended.” Dennis Green, Director Information Technology programs Columbia University – School of Continuing Education "Ian Fisher’s new book is an indispensable compass for those beginning their career journey into the largely-uncharted information technology field. Like the best maps and field guides, it provides a complete and clear exploration of the varied and often confusing IT terrain—from identifying the personal skills prerequisite for different IT career paths to navigating the myriad IT educational and training options and ultimately arriving successfully at that first position. Don’t leave “home” without it! Dr. Richard Vigilante, Executive Director Jesuit Distance Education Network New York, NY "Very few people consciously select their careers. Most start a profession without really understanding the associated field, responsibilities, compensation, and sacrifices; this is especially true in the volatile Information Technology industry. Ian Fisher’s excellent “How to Start a Career in Information Technology”, provides step-by-step guidance on making that choice, from exploring the basic question of “Is a career in Information Technology right for me?” to presenting suggestions on how to find one’s first IT position. It comes highly recommended." Cynthia Cravens, Director Information Technology Program Jewish Vocational Services San Francisco, CA “Ian Fisher’s book ‘How to Start a Career in Information Technology’ is an excellent resource to anyone considering a career in the IT field. The High Tech world is here to stay. This book provides the kind of information needed for the prospective techie. Many schools and programs offer IT training; this book teaches how to target your interests, and develop that interest into an IT career.” L’esa Guilian, Ph.D. Director, Human Resources California Institute of Integral Studies San Francisco, CA “A great source and step-by-step guide to the career assessment and job search process. This book is an easy read and the ideas can be readily implemented” Dr. Lois Blades-Rosado, Executive Director State University of New York-Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center Brooklyn, NY “This book written on the field of Information Technology, is one of the best resources of its kind on this field of work. Mr. Fisher has concentrated on this one career area in a very thorough fashion. The book gives the user ideas and information on the pluses and minuses of a bachelor’s degree vs. a certificate, and how this may impact earnings potential. It is very non-judgmental regarding education requirements, and shows that there are possibilities in IT at every education level from certificate through a baccalaureate degree. I think anyone who is thinking of IT as a possible career will find this book extremely useful.” M. Sumyyah Bilal Chief Executive Officer EUREKA, CCIS Richmond, CA “Should be required reading for anyone contemplating an IT career. Presents complicated information in a clear, interesting, and concise manner. Reader-friendly, demystifying, thoughtful, practical.” Merble Reagon, Executive Director The Women’s Center for Education and Career Advancement New York City
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $13.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.