Human-Computer Interface Technologies for the Motor Impaired Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Human Computer Interface Technologies for the Motor Impaired examines both the technical and social aspects of human computer interface (HCI). Written by world-class academic experts committed to improving HCI technologies for people with disabilities, this all-inclusive book explores the latest research, and offers insight into the current limitations of this field. It introduces the concept of HCI, identifies and describes the fundamentals associated with a specific technology of HCI, and provides examples for each. It also lists and highlights the different modalities (video, speech, mechanical, myoelectric, electro-oculogram, and brain-waves) that are available, and discusses their relevant applications.
Easily and readily understood by researchers, engineers, clinicians, and the common layperson, the book describes a number of HCI technologies ranging from simple modification of the computer mouse and joystick to a brain-computer interface (BCI) that uses the electrical recording of the brain activity of the user. The text includes photographs or illustrations for each device, as well as references at the end of each chapter for further study.
In addition, this book:
- Describes the mechanical sensors that are used as an interface to control a computer or screen for the aged and disabled
- Discusses the BCI using brain waves recorded by noninvasive electrodes to recognize the command from the user
- Presents the myoelectric interface for controlling devices such as the prosthetic/robotic hand
- Explains the technology of tracking the eye gaze using video
- Provides the fundamentals of voice recognition technologies for computer and machine control applications
- Examines a secure and voiceless method for the recognition of speech-based commands using video of lip movement
Human Computer Interface Technologies for the Motor Impaired considers possible applications, discusses limitations, and presents the current research taking place in the field of HCI. Dedicated to enhancing the lives of people living with disabilities, this book aids professionals in biomedical, electronics, and computer engineering, and serves as a resource for anyone interested in the developing applications of HCI.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $57.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.